– the rep at SAG called me back about the internet agreement. he said i basically just need to get the actors to sign it and that’s it. SAG just wants consent because some actors are ok with being shown at film festivals but some don’t want to be online. the rep said there is no fee for the internet agreement, and it keeps changing so i should wait until after i shoot before getting them to sign it.
– i changed my casting notice from non-union to SAG short film agreement, and i received many more submissions!
– i found a potential place to hold casting calls. if you go to craigslist, you should be able to find places for around $100/day. film independent also rents casting rooms but they’re not open on weekends and the la film fest is coming up so i’m not sure how that affects their schedule.
– i met up with the producer and i’m excited to say we will be working together on this project. it will be my first time working with a producer so it’ll be a great learning experience. i think the quality of the movie will definitely be better because of his involvement.
– the shooting date has been moved up from the weekend of 7/7 to the weekend of 6/30. that means i have less than 1 month to prepare!
– i’m still revising my script. it’s just under 8 pages, but there are 14 characters which seems like a lot. i’m going to try to cut as much as i can. i sent it to some friends and their feedback has been helpul in finding problem areas where the pacing is wrong, or a joke doesn’t work, or something is confusing. i’m getting close though.