i had a short break in between term 1 and term 2 of animation mentor, and i spent that time focusing on writing again. i pitched my pilot idea to my writer’s group last month and got good feedback.
here’s what i have so far:
- the main premise of the show. my idea is a high concept one, but i don’t know if that’s necessarily an advantage for tv.
- the 2 main characters. this took a while because the characters and their relationship with each other defines the entire premise. i had to make sure i picked the right characters with the right motivations to really exploit the concept.
- some ideas for supporting characters, and how they relate to the 2 main characters.
- the main locations. i have to figure out how much i want focused on home compared to work though. right now i’m leaning much more towards focusing it at home. i have to decide if i’m going to write it as a single camera show or a multi camera show. i think it would work as either, but i prefer both the visual aesthetic of single camera, and the script formatting which is closer to feature script format.
- a bunch of ideas for other episodes.