it’s already july (a week in actually), which means the year is half over! i like to keep track of goals and such, so here’s my status report.
- wrote my first tv spec. i wrote one for The Office.
- then i wrote a spec for How I Met Your Mother.
- developed an idea for a sitcom pilot, which i’m working on now.
- applied to a bunch of writing fellowships with my Office script.
- started learning character animation through Animation Mentor. finished term 1 of 6.
PLANS FOR SECOND HALF:
- i want to write the pilot episode of my series. i pitched the series idea to my writers group and got some positive feedback.
- i want to do one of following:
- make another short film. it would be my fifth.
- make a web series. it might be a smaller version of my sitcom pilot idea, haven’t decided yet.
- make a short animated pilot. i would make it in flash. even though Animation Mentor is all taught for 3d with maya, all the principles would apply to 2d animation.
- write a feature script, either something to try to shop around, or something that i can direct myself (ie, low budget). if i can get a good first draft by the end of the year, i’d be happy with that.
it’s been a busy but productive year so far, and i have a good feeling for the 2nd half.