waiting for nickelodeon

i applied for the nickelodeon writing fellowship back in february, and i’ve been waiting and thinking about it every day since then. they’re supposed to start notifying by the end of august, which means this week. the waiting is killing me!

here are the dates posted on their site:
~ Semi-finalists will be notified by the end of August, 2009

~ Finalists will be notified by the beginning of September 2009

~ Chosen Fellows will be notified by the end of September 2009

~ All others will be notified, by mail, by the end of October 2009

1. GiGi left a comment on August 26, 2009 at 3:58 pm

hey, i applied for the fellowship too. have you heard anything, yet?

2. kiyong left a comment on August 26, 2009 at 4:01 pm

no i haven’t yet! it’s driving me crazy. their site says by the end of august, so that just leaves a few hours today, tomorrow, friday, and monday. good luck! let me know if/when you hear something.

3. Mike Wytrykus left a comment on August 27, 2009 at 2:00 am

I am in the same boat you are. Waiting to here something is just making me crazy. Very hard to sleep. Phone rings, and you hope it’s them, and then it’s not. If I didn’t make it, I just want to know!

I emailed them back in June for clarification on when semi-finalists would start hearing something. They said “you can pretty much count on all the semi-finalists being notified sometime during the week of August 24th” meaning no sooner than that. However, the website DOES say the dates are subject to change, so we could conceivably hear from then later.

FYI, they also said semi-finalists will have a phone interview, which I imagine is what will help them pick the finalists. If there is another writing sample needed, as I think you mentioned in another post, I would think they will give those to the finalists to help choose the actual fellows.

Do let us all know if you do hear anything. Then at least we’ll know they’re contacting people.

4. Annieux left a comment on August 30, 2009 at 10:12 am

Zoiks! Writers that don’t capitalize or spell check. Good luck with that fellowship. Hope you “here” something soon.

5. kiyong left a comment on August 30, 2009 at 12:58 pm

unfortunately, i didn’t hear anything last week which means i didn’t make it. i’ll have to try again next year.

6. GiGi left a comment on September 1, 2009 at 10:24 am

i didn’t hear anything, either. next year it is!

7. Mike Wytrykus left a comment on September 3, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Nor did I. In fact, I have yet to come across anything online of someone mentioning that they DID hear from Nick. Makes one wonder…

8. kiyong left a comment on September 3, 2009 at 1:58 pm

maybe the people that heard back don’t want to jinx it yet. i also applied to cbs, nbc, and disney abc, but i’m not holding my breath.

• Mike Wytrykus left a comment on September 3, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Possibly. But you would think that somebody, somewhere, would have posted about it on Twitter if they made it to the semi-finals. Maybe everyone is just waiting to see if they made it to the finals first.

9. kiyong left a comment on September 3, 2009 at 4:14 pm