i had 3 main goals for 2009:
- get a job ( i was unemployed).
- write a script.
- make a short film.
how did i do? i got a job and wrote a script (the office), but i didn’t make a short film like i wanted. i did write another script (how i met your mother) and a half (half of a 30 rock so far), so that sort of makes up for not making a short.
the main thing of 2009 was that i got to the final round of the nickelodeon writing fellowship. even though i didn’t get in, getting that close was a good indicator that i was heading in the right direction. i had started the animation mentor program earlier in 09, but decided to quit so i could focus completely on writing.
here are my main goals for 2010:
- get into a writing fellowship, or get an agent or manager. i want to be a working writer, so either of those would be a good start.
- make a web series or short film. i haven’t shot anything in 2 years, and that’s unacceptable to me. a lot of that had to do with finances since i was unemployed for a while, but i have a job now so i’m going to shoot something for sure.
- write the pilot for my sitcom idea that i came up with a while ago.
- if i can, come up with a pilot script and bible for an animated series.
i’m looking forward to a great 2010. anyone else have any goals they want to share?