You guys, it finally happened. I got an agent!

I’m repped by Kaplan Stahler! I don’t want to go into detail, but it involves a meeting at ICM last August, leaving a day job, a stock trade on Apple quarterly earnings, and a certain reader of this blog. Seriously, it’s crazy how it happened, but luckily, I was ready and had my script ready when the opportunity came, and now I have an agent!

I have to thank all my writer friends who gave me notes on my pilot, my mentor Kourtney Kang, and Karin and everyone at CAAM.

Since I got signed earlier this month, I’ve been reading a bunch of pilots, and brainstorming ideas for new pilots to write. Hopefully I’ll get meetings, go out for staffing season, and get a job writing on a show!

1. ronreidjr left a comment on February 17, 2015 at 4:50 am

congrats on getting that agent man!!!

2. Anonymous left a comment on February 17, 2015 at 11:35 am

Congrats, Kiyong! I love keeping up with your journey here. You’re an inspiration!

3. Vidhya left a comment on February 24, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Congratulations!

4. Chanel P left a comment on February 25, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Great news. Congrats.

5. gracieha left a comment on March 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Congrats and good luck!

6. Anonymous left a comment on May 11, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Congrats on getting an agent!! What was the process like once you got them to read your samples? Do you meet with a team and then sign a contract? is there a background check?

• kiyong left a comment on May 12, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Thanks! Once my agent read my pilot, he wanted to meet. For other writers I know, sometimes an agent will ask for more samples. I didn’t meet the rest of the team, but I know writers who have. There was no contract to sign. Nothing that formal.