i like to make lists and i always have goals. i write them down and track my progress regularly. here were my top 3 goals for 2010:
- get into a writing fellowship, or get representation (an agent or manager).
ACHIEVED! i got into the nickelodeon writing fellowship on my 2nd try, after having made it all the way as a finalist the year before. this one goal is not just something that was significant for me this year, but it was a life changing event.
- make a web series or short film.
ACHIEVED! i made a short film after my script was one of the ones selected for the duke city shootout. it was an amazing experience and i met a lot of great people out in albuquerque.
- write a pilot sitcom script.
NO i had a concept and the characters figured out, but didn’t get to actually write the script.
so i accomplished 2 out of 3 goals last year. 2010 was an amazing year for me, and i’m hoping 2011 is just as good.
here are my goals for 2011:
- get staffed on a show after my fellowship.
- write a pilot sitcom script or an animated show bible. this one is basically the same as last year, except now that i got into nickelodeon, i want to come up with ideas for my own animated shows to pitch.
- make a web series or animated short film. besides having the written product from goal #2, i want to have a finished proof of concept that i can show.
anyone want to share their goals or resolutions for 2011?