2013 was an interesting year. Not a good year writing wise, at least as far as tangible results go, but really great for other stuff.
My top 3 goals for 2013 were:
- Be a working writer, and get staffed on a show.
- Write at least 2 new pilot scripts.
- Write a feature script.
How many of those did I accomplish? None! Not even close.
Here’s what did happen with writing:
- I finished up WOTV.
- During WOTV, I had to leave the writers group I was in, but afterwards, I returned to the group. Thanks for letting me come back, guys!
- I started a new pilot. I got the outline done, but didn’t finish it.
- My pilot that I wrote during WOTV, Mailboys, was a 2nd rounder at the Austin Film Festival. I went to the festival with several friends and had a great time! I need to write a post on my experience there at some point, but the panels were inspiring, the parties were fun, and I even took a picture with Vince Gilligan (I’m pretty sure everyone who went to Austin has this same picture).